Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Everything is happenning so fast!

This will be a double update post.

1. Student teaching

I am halfway done. Yippeeeee! I know the hardest part is ahead of me. I solo teach starting next week. I feel like my classroom management skills are vastly improving. I have gotten a lot stricter. But I truly enjoy it.

Yesterday was Educator Recruitment Day at my school. I had nine (yes, nine!) interviews in one day. IMO, they all went well. I am confident that I'll get a least a couple of offers soon.

2. Wedding stuff!

Counting down the days! I'm so excited!!!! So far, I have arranged my church, reception location, the attire, bridesmaids-MOH is another story for another post, and the cake. Oh, and the invites, too. We just don't have any food LOL! We are working on it.

Lettuce is far more involved than I expected him to be. He selected the colors and is in charge of the food and the reception. Of course, I am monitoring him to make sure everything goes the way I want it to! If you haven't yet, please visit Crate & Barrel and vote for us! And tell your friends! Yay! We're only like 16,000 votes behind the leader!

I fibbed. This is a triple update

3. Family

Side salad is 2 years old! I can't believe it. He has a hilarious vocabulary. His favorite phrase is "I 'on know," something he picked up from the older sibs. Squirrel is sick and hasn't been to school in a couple of days. As you may know, my state is having an issue with a stomach virus. Not fun. Princess, the first grader, is now reading 3 grade level books. Astronaut, the third grader, is reading the Chronicles of Narnia on his own! Love those kids.

As a mama and an almost teacher, I know the importance of literacy. We have a gazillion books at my house and growing. I wanted to let you know about a giveaway at Muse Reviews for the books "Marshmallow."

It's about a bunny, making it perfect for Easter. Drop by and enter, but if you don't win, go buy it. It's $6.99 for paperback at B&N. Stick it a kid-you-know's Easter basket.

No comments: