Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Wordful Wednesday

{Before you begin reading, forgive me if I don't make sense. I'm a bit sleep-deprived right now.}

This fancy number was created by Jake von Slatt

The semester is almost over. I have class tonight, and tomorrow and that is it for me. I'll get my grades next week. As I sit up in the middle of the night, trying hopelessly to write an article critique that must be completed by 5:30 pm, my mind {and my fingers} wander about the internet. I came across this image and it completely enchanted me.

I wish this were my computer.

If this were my computer, I wouldn't be sitting here trying to make sense of cognitive and behaviorist theories of classroom behavior management and the affects of standardized testing on teacher efficacy and student motivation.

I would be sitting at a small desk in the attic of my three story Victorian home drinking absinthe and typing poetry about
truth, beauty, freedom; but above all things, love.

I think I need to create something.

If this were your computer, what would you type?

2 comments:

MBB Founder and Editor Denene Millner said...

oh, without question, a love letter. perhaps to my husband. or to my babies. or maybe even me. that typewriter is delicious.

quitecontrary1977 said...

Its so beautiful, I'd be afraid to touch it!

Loving Animal Mother POD