Monday, September 29, 2008

Things I Want

I want my children to have a beautiful and memorable childhood. If I won the lottery, I'd buy me some land in Irmo (the 'burbs, but still close to civilization). It would have trees and a pond. We'd have dogs and there'd be a few ducks or geese on the pond. The pond would have fish, bream or something else that we can eat. Maybe even get some chickents so that we can have fresh eggs. If I was feeling really fancy we might get a cow or two for fresh milk. I don't know about all that upkeep though. I love some goats, though. I'd have a huge garden with yummy tomatoes. I'd grow cucumbers, carrots, potatoes, strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, apples, muscadines, oranges, pears, pecans, and all sorts of things.

My kids would run barefoot and do chores. I'd homeschool them. We'd go on trips to other countries and immerese ourselves in the food, the arts and the culture-Greece, Spain, Japan, Morocco. It would be a beautiful life.

I need a Powerball ticket.

No comments: